A Negotiated Definition:
... Uses autonomous strategies to conduct multiple learning activities and goal setting without direct supervision.
· Set own goals (guidance is offered): giving ownership of objectives
· Learner contract
· Learners keep records / portfolio
· Role of teacher: what learners desire/expect/need from the teacher's role
· Reference skills: dictionary, inc phonemic chart
· Project work
· Choosing activities
· Peer correction & feedback
· Learners check answers against a key
· Use media:
· PDA: self-assessment
· (Process) writing: vocabulary journals - skills needed
selecting own prompts (pictures/photos)
writing in groups
· Speaking & listening: visiting speakers
own tape recorders
generic skills worksheet
· Reading bring own authentic materials
choice of book reviews/annual goals
Have an activity you like or want to add?
Email us and we'll add it to the above.